Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
Online Services - click here
Follow our Facebook Page
Call 111 - When it is less urgent than 999
Domestic Abuse

Complaints & Comments

Complaint or comment to the practice

We operate a complaints policy in line with NHS complaints procedure. There are two stages to the complaint process.

Should you have a complaint or wish to comment about the service you have received from the Practice, this should in the first instance be raised either by writing to, or speaking directly with the Patient Services Manager at the surgery that you usually attend. We acknowledge complaints within 3 days, and following investigation aim to respond in full within 30 days.

Woodlands Surgery
Tilgate Way, Crawley
West Sussex. RH10 5BW
Tel: 01293 820833
Clerklands Surgery
Vicarage Lane, Horley
Surrey. RH6 8AR
Tel: 01293 820833

Please address to: Miss Jenny Valentine (Patient Services Manager)

It is advised that where possible you contact your practice in the first instance. However, if you prefer not to talk to us you can take your complaint to NHS England either by email or by telephone, their contact details are as below:

Telephone: 0300 311 2233
Address: NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch B97 9PT

This First Stage process is called local resolution, and most cases are resolved at this stage.

If, having gone through the First Stage of the complaints process you are still unhappy, you can refer the matter to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, who are independent of the NHS and government.

Their contact details are as below:

Telephone: 0345 015 4033
Address: The Parliamentary Health Service, Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London SW1P 4QP

If you would like advocacy support when you are making a complaint, you can contact the Healthwatch West Sussex Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Service (IHCAS) which is a free and independent service available to patients. Please note that although IHCAS is a Sussex-based service, it is available for all patients regardless of which surgery branch you attend.

Their contact details are as follows:

Telephone: 0300 012 0122
Address: The Billingshurst Community Centre, Roman Way, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9QW

Complaint or comment about hospital services

If you wish to make a complaint about an aspect of hospital care, you can raise the matter with hospital doctor or relevant member of staff at the time of the event.

Alternatively you could speak to Healthwatch who are there to help sort out any immediate concerns.

If you make a complaint in writing, you should address your letter to the chief Executive of the trust concerned. Each Trust has a Complaints Manager who can advise you about the procedure and the progress of your complaint.

Useful Address:

Sussex Partnership NHS Trust
Sandea, Arundel Road
Worthing, West Sussex
BN13 3EP

Tel: 01903 843026
Chief Executive: Sam Allen

Ambulance Services: To make a complaint about emergency ambulance services or patient transport services you should contact:

South East Coast Ambulance Services NHS
Tel: 01273 484830

For complaints regarding East Surrey Hospital please contact:
Surrey & Sussex Health Care NHS Trust
Canada Avenue
Tel: 01737 768511

For free and independent help and advice on making a complaint please contact:

IHCAS (Healthwatch Independent Health Complaints Advocacy Services)
Telephone: 0300 012 0122
Address: The Billingshurst Community Centre, Roman Way, Billingshurst, West Sussex RH14 9QW

Complaints regarding the OOH service should be made directly to NHS 111 on 01737 363866.

Complaint or comment about community based services

Community Based Services e.g. District Nurses, Health Visitors & Community equipment and services at local community hospitals write to the Chief Executive or Complaint Manager at:

Sussex Community NHS Trust
PALS & Complaints team
A2 Brighton General Hospital
Elm Grove

They should acknowledge your letter within three working days of receipt and your complaint will be investigated by the appropriate manager.

It is important to complain as soon as possible after the event about which you wish to complain. Under the NHS complaints procedure, complaints can usually only be investigated if made within 12 months of the event or 12 months of realising that there is something to complain about.

There are certain complaints, which cannot be investigated under the NHS complaints procedure. These include complaints about private treatment and some events about which you are already taking legal action.

Local Services, Let
L Hawkins & Sons Funeral Directors Snap Fitness, Crawley